Wyoming State Board of Examiners of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology

Questions and Answers

Below are questions and answers to those questions that are frequently asked questions of the Board office:

The Wyoming Board of Examiners of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology is staffed through the Professional Licensing Boards Office, a division of A&I.

Q. What is the fastest way to get an answer from Board staff?

A. E-mail is the quickest form of communication with the Board staff. For general questions or licensing questions, please e-mail joann.reid@wyo.gov.

Q. Can I pay over the phone for anything?

A. At this time, we do not have the ability to take credit or debit card payments over the phone or in the board office.

Q. I live in Cheyenne; can I bring in my application, documents or payment?

A. Of course! Our hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. If you need to talk to Board staff, please call ahead to make sure they will be in the office when you arrive.

Q. Who do I make my check, cashier’s check or money order out to?

A. The State of Wyoming.

Q. Where do I mail my application or request forms?

A. The address to our office can be found on the contact us page. It also is on top of every application and form.

Q. I moved. How can I change my address with the Board?

A. All address changes must be received in writing. You can email your new address to joann.reid@wyo.gov.

Q. What is considered proof of legal presence?

A. Please see the Proof of Lawful Presence instruction page that is in the appliation packet.

Q. I got married or divorced recently and changed my last name. What do I need to do with the Board office?

A. We have a name change request on the forms page of the website. We also can accept a written request. You will need to include the legal document that allowed for the name change. This generally is a copy of your marriage license of divorce decree. 

Q. How can I get a new wall certificate and/or pocket cards with my new name?

A. Please use the  Replacement Document Request found on the forms page.

Q. I changed my name a while ago but my proof of legal presence still shows my previous name. Can I still apply using my proof of legal presence?

A. Yes! You will need to include a copy of the legal document that allowed for your name change (commonly a copy of your marriage license or divorce decree) with your application.

Q. What do I need to submit for my application to be complete?

A. Almost every application packet we have available includes either an instruction page or a check list. Please visit the forms page and choose the application you are interested in for more information.

Q. I want to apply in another state and they told me I need a license verification or a letter with my license information, how do I get that?

A. Wyoming refers to that as an official license verification. Please use the Verification Request Form found on the forms page and submit with the fee outlined on the form.

Q. I need lists of all the Speech-Language Pathologists and/or Audiologists that are licensed in Wyoming. What do I do?

A. The information is available on the Roster and Mailing List Page.